Monday, July 9, 2007

Anna In The After Life #2: Death Takes On A Whole New Meaning

by
Charles McCarthy

Anna and James walked along the hospital hallway in silent bliss, reliving their recent orgasmic experience.

"What happened back there?" she asked with a giggle.

"You," he said looking her over, "your sexual energy is very, very strong. You have to learn to control it better."

Anna looked down at her body, still glowing from their encounter with that gorgeous redhead.

"Shit! I can't do nothin right."

"Anna, it's not wrong. You have a power. You are special. You just need to learn how to control it."

They were slowly approaching the doors of the hospital where the natural light from outside was beginning to mingle with the institutional fluorescent lights of the hospital.

"Can you teach me?" she asked slowly laying her head on James's shoulder.

"No, you are too powerful. You must seek the master."

Anna giggled playfully, "The master?"

"Yes."

They stepped through the hospital doors and into the sun, but it wasn't the sun that made Anna cover her face. Hundreds of paparazzi and reporters huddled in the parking lot. Out of instinct, Anna prepared to fend them off and run away.

James stroked her head and whispered, "It will be okay. Remember. They can't see you."

But across the parking lot one reporter did turn and squint, trying to make them out in the bright Florida sun as Anna lifted her head to see the lack of reaction from the reporters.

"But look," she said pointing to Joan Rivers speed walking across the parking lot alone.

She reached them panting heavily and holding her side.

"Gawd, you would think that Oil of Olay would steal some of this fucking moisture from Florida and use it in some lotion. Is it humid or what?"

Anna and James stood shocked. She was obviously talking to them. There was no one else around that she could be talking to.

"Anna, first let me say, you look won-der-ful! I can't say you have ever looked this good. No, really, I can't. It's a legal thing," she said in one long breath, pausing only to fix her hair, "I don't want to get into it, but how do you feel? How do you feel?"

"I, I feel great, but I...I'm dead. You shouldn't be seein me."

James added, "Are you dead?"

"Hon, let me tell you. I've been seeing dead people for years. Between the botox, the illegal European blend of toxins that I get pumped into my skin, the plastic bits and pieces in my ass and tits, and my lack of compassion and humanity, I said sionara to being a real, live person a long time ago. Don't tell "E!" though. It might nullify some of my contracts," Joan monologued, choking out the last few words.

Anna reached out and touched Joan's face. Her hand didn't pass threw it.

"Weird," Anna exclaimed, continuing to play with Joan's face like silly puddy.

Ignoring Anna's touch, Joan asked, "Any idea who killed you babe?"

Anna stopped playing with her face and looked shocked.

"Someone killed me?"

"Joan, I think we need to get going," James said, trying to politely end the conversation.

"Someone killed me? I don't understand."

"You bet your life or your death, the way it is now, someone killed you and killed you good," Joan blurted out, as James lead Anna away.

"What's she talkin about?"

"I'm not quite sure," James said, looking over his shoulder, "but if you were killed, and you are going to do anything about it, you need to find the Master first and learn how to control your powers. You will never get anything done on your own without them."

"Aren't you comin with me?" she asked sadly.

James looked around and back at the hospital before replying, "My place is here. I'm sorry."

"Where is the master?"

"Van Nuys or Chatsworth."

"Cali-forni-uh? Los Angeles?"

"Yes. You have had more "True Hollywood Stories" than anyone alive or dead, so you should have no problem finding friends to help you on your way. Now go."

James placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and ran his hand slowly over her breasts before turning and walking back towards the hospital.

No comments: